Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:02:59 -0500
At 20:06 12/05/2003 Friday, Karen Reznek wrote:

>I second that. I wish that only subscriber bounces would show up on the
>report. I receive a huge amount of spam at the request address, and the
>auto-reply almost always generates a bounce. Bad enough that I get the
>bounce message, but it is getting harder and harder to go through the
>error report to find the few errors I need to be concerned about among
>the many spam bounces.

For those -REQUEST addresses that have been affected, I almost always
update the listname.MAILTPL template

 >>> REQACK1
.QQ

Yes this does reduce some functionality, and may not be practical in
every instance especially "auto-responder" only lists [YMMV], but it also
reduces the joe-job spams that have targeted the -request address.

/Pete