Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:40:52 -0600
> What is the list header configuration for a list that we want to keep the
> archives available but do not want to allow any new messages or any
> subscribers. I suppose I could use the trial-and-error method, but I checked
> the List Owner's manual and couldn't find anything definitive.

Set subscription closed and set send for your address.  For that matter,
you could set Send to a nonexistent address, like
Send= [log in to unmask]
and no one will be able to post to the list, unless clever enough to
spoof the address, but you can take care of that by hiding that part
of your list header so they won't know what address to spoof.  Douglas