Maureen Leblanc <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:09:08 EST
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>                                How can I have the messages from News Groups
>go to my e-mail.  None of the programs I've tried with my screen reading
>program work right for news groups.  If they do anything the screen reader
>reads too much time and date information.  Because of the way eudora is set
>up it does work with my screen reader.  I want to know how I can read, post
>to, and subscribe to news groups by e-mail.
>Brent Harding

There's a list of those newsgroups that are gatewayed to mailing
lists. It's called *Mailing Lists Available in Usenet* and is
maintained by David C. Lawrence.

The list is periodically posted to bit.admin and is also available by
mail -- send the command: GET NETGATE.GATELIST to [log in to unmask],
or you can retrieve it via anonymous ftp from ftp.american.edu

Hope this helps.

Maureen

:-)