Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:40:39 -0500
> >> A new subscribe request, from the address already subscribed.
> >
> >Doesn't anyone use the REGister command anymore?
>
> To my knowledge, REGister doesn't change a particular subscription. The
> LISTSERV will refer to you as the new name, but the list's subscription
> records will show the old.

That's true, REGISTER does bnot change existing subscriptions.

I think the way the registration data base works is less than ideal.
A list owner adding someone to a list with an ADD command can override
the name that the user entered themselves with SUBSCRIBE or REGISTER.
It seems to me that ADD ought to leave the registration data base alone,
except to add someone who is not already there.