Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:22:12 -0500
Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>I would appreciate any assistance in determining the real origin of
>these messages and the method used to generate so many in such a short
>time frame.

Please don't forward all your spam to this list. This list is for problems
running L-Soft's listserv software!

If one wants to be lazy one simply writes to [log in to unmask] If you
want to write to a name then do a whois XMISSION.COM and it will return the
following:

XMission (XMISSION-DOM)
   PO Box 510063
   Salt Lake City, UT  84151-0063

   Domain Name: XMISSION.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Ashdown, Peter  (PA16)  [log in to unmask]
      (801) 539-0852

   Record last updated on 21-Apr-96.
   Record created on 25-Mar-94.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS.XMISSION.COM                198.60.22.2
   NS1.ELIX.NET                        206.26.97.2
   NS1.SIERRA.NET                207.135.224.247

This gives you a name you can contact, and it also gives you two other
domains that are providing connectivity to XMISSION.COM. You could also
complain to them.

But please stop sending spam complaints to this list!

Don.