Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 09:38:11 -0500
> Can someone give me a good reason why *any* LISTSERV list should not
> be SEND= PRIVATE?

(1) Some subscribers like sending from other addresses at times.  (2) Not
all lists really care that much about junk mail.  I personally don't mind
junk mail -- my fingers are very quick with the delete key.  Most people on
Words-L seem to feel the same way.

> No anti-spam system is fool-proof, but having no anti-spam system
> (eg setting your list to SEND= PUBLIC) just seems foolish to me ...

Not only are my lists SEND=PUBLIC, but I also have the spam-filter
turned off for one of them (after the fiasco of all mail from usenet
bouncing).
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])
     foolish but happy :-)