Taeko Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 21:52:48 -0800
We manage several mailing lists using listserv. Recently we experienced
very strange thing. We have one account setup to manage listserv. All
notification and error message go to this account and this account is the
only one authrized to make new lists.
About two weeks ago, we noticed the reply header on the message come from
listserv to this account had changed. There are two addresses in the
"To:" header and one is the address of one of our list subscriber. He had
no idea why his name appear in the reply header and we are not sure either.
All list configuration files do not contain his address. When we simply send
a mail to listserv admin's address, we do not see the strange header in
the mail. The header appears only when listserv sends mail to the admin
account. So we do not think it is a sendmail problem. Looks like listserv
somehow added his address as a admin address. How can we remove his
address from the admin address.
Any help will be very appriciated.

thank you

Taeko Thompson