"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:47:33 -0800
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Winship wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Tom Rawson wrote:
> > > Please supply your full name, as  in "SUBSCRIBE  GUATEMALA-ADOPT Joe
> > > H. Smith".  Alternatively, if  you  want to  subscribe  anonymously,
> > > send the command: "SUBSCRIBE GUATEMALA-ADOPT Anonymous". Your
> > > subscription will then be hidden automatically.
> >
> > We most certainly do NOT want our subscribers who send an invalid name
> > to get this suggestion of an "anonymous" subscription -- but I can't
> > find the template for it.  Can someone point me to it?
>
> I wholeheartedly agree with you about the "canned" LISTSERV messages
> saying things you don't want said (by the way, is there a keyword to
> put in the list header to automatically reject "anonymous" subs?).

Has this question been answered yet?  I'm getting complaints from some new
subscribers who are upset by the contradiction between the automated "you
are allowed to s*bscribe anonymously" message and the list's policy of no
anonymous subscribers enforced by my list's co-owner in charge of
subscriptions.

Thanks,