"Heller, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:54:59 -0700
Hello,

We are beginning a process of synching up people we have in separate databases. Currently, all subscribers to our Listserv lists are not linked to our general company database, which is an SQL database. Is there a way to connect the Listserv database up to our SQL database?

For example, if someone writes to the -request address for one of our lists and asks us not to send any mail in the future, I can do a global delete in Listserv, but there's nothing stopping someone else in the company from pulling this name off our company database and sending email to the person (assuming that when said individual signed up s/he indicated we could send email).

I hope I have been clear in what I'm asking.

I am just the list owner (the extent of my technical prowess), so please know that if you respond, you're not talking to an engineer. I will pass on any information I gather to an engineer, but the more "plain" you can make your statements, the better chance I'll have of understanding. :)

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Paul Heller
List Moderator/Owner