"Alan S. Dobkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:42:23 -0500
--On Tuesday, January 12, 1999, 1:21 AM -0500 Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> If you're looking to parse the data from a program, I strongly recommend
>> that instead of using a plain old query, you use:
>>
>> QUERY ***GUI*** listname [FOR e-mail-address]
>
> Nice feature.  It doesn't seem to be documented, though.

It also appears that the ***GUI*** is case-sensitive and must be in
all-caps, which is different from most other LISTSERV commands.  Otherwise,
you get the following error:

No LISTSERV list by  the name of "***GUI***" is known  to exist. Note that
lists can be marked "confidential" and that the existence of such lists is
usually known only to the server that is actually hosting it.

Alan