Brick Verser <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:21:00 CDT
Kevin Brunson <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>                                   It would be beneficial if Listserv could
>be told to equate [log in to unmask] with [log in to unmask]
>with [log in to unmask] (someuser is unique) in a form such as
>someuser@*.cc.nd.edu.

Seems like it would be rather onerous to try to maintain a database with
all this info in it.  I think the better solution is to configure your mail
systems to send out mail using generic addresses so that regardless of the
machine the person is using, the mail going out has the same address
("[log in to unmask]", for instance).  That puts the burden where it
belongs--on the site which is sending out the email.  This has other
benefits as well, since it allows you to, for instance, turn off and
retire a workstation from service without forever grandfathering the name
into MX records.

Brick Verser
Computing & Network Services
Kansas State University

- --IAA31475.816614187/veritas.ucs.indiana.edu--

------- End of Forwarded Message