Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:50:27 -0400
At 22:13 04/18/2002 Thursday, Ballew Kinnaman wrote:
 >Dear Marcia and LSTOWN-L Folks,
 >
 >>I've started my first mailing list and
 >
 >Gate Open
 >
 >>From the top of my head, with little study or
 >thought, I've generated a quick list of steps
 >in a rough order for your edification. I'm sure
 >Pete or Winship or Nathan could do better,
 >if they pleased to and had the time:

Probably not.  I'll add my own pathetic additions though:

14) after you have gained some experience, provide help to other
list-owners like has just been demonstrated here by Ballew.

15) leverage your new skills to establish more channels of [list]
communications, though you need not be knowledgeable in those domains.

Pete Weiss @ Penn State,
who has started more lists that he knew nothing about (but does now)