Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:31:55 -0500
Based on the limited amount of information you provided, the possible
answers you may receive are a bit restricted.  One wild guess I will
offer you is: the destination system, which responded with the "invalid
character" rejection message, is using some form of spam-defense that is
non-compliant with the applicable RFC, and is improperly declaring the
asterisk unacceptable in an email address.

You'll get better responses here if you present more detail about where
the error message came from.  It may also be useful if you contact
directly the administrator of the system that produced the error.

In the context of a LISTSERV(tm) Daily Error Monitoring Report, which
is my best guess for where you found the snippet of info in your
message, you might set the NORENEW subscription option for the affected
subscriber, if you want them to remain a member of the list.  But it
would be better overall for them to find a new email provider.

Hello, everybody!

I wonder what does that means? I never heard of.

Last error: 5.5.2 501 #5.1.3 Invalid character ('*') in
 >                             username.

Can you explain this for me?

Thanks,
John :)