Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:42:00 -0500
Hi,

I've searched the archives to no avail....I'm hoping that someone can lend a
hand.

We use cc:Mail as our local e-mail system (UGH!) and our host name is G1.COM.
During the past several days I've noticed that our lists are making other local
addresses visible.  Ordinarily when I (as a regular subscriber) receive a
message posted to the lists -- in cc:Mail the ONLY two names on the distribution
list visible to me are the list address itself ([log in to unmask]) and my own
address listed as a BCC.

However, NOW I am able to see other (apparently randomly selected) @G1.COM
addresses on the distribution list as well.  So far (thankfully) it has not
shown any other outside addresses -- only the local node ones.

To make things even stranger, it appears to only be a cc:Mail issue...I have
other accounts (MS-Outlook & a Hotmail account) that I also have subscribed to
the lists, and the exact same message does NOT display any other addresses.

We advertise complete confidentiality on our lists (Review is even set to
owners) so this is obviously NOT a good thing if things get worse and people
start seeing who else is on the list.

I'm very confused -- I believe this is a cc:Mail related issue, but I was hoping
someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  Sure hope so!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Melissa Riley
Group 1 Software
301-918-0345

This e-mail reflects the thoughts of the author and not necessarily
those of anyone else at Group 1 or the company itself.
E-mail messages are scanned & cleaned by Sophos AntiVirus Software!