Liz Best <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:19:36 -0800
Hi,

The list header for my test list includes Subscription= By Owner which
results the owner getting the message below. So far so good. I have
tried replying to the message, leaving it intact and putting in both the
listserv password and the list password, I have tried the same, but
forwarding it, I have tried replying to the message and deleting all but
the last three lines and putting in both passwords and I have tried the
same as that, but forwarding it (for a total of eight tries). What is
the trick to make this work?

FYI - If I create a new message and cut and paste "ADD ITTEST
[log in to unmask] Some User" and send that to
[log in to unmask] it works. This is all being done from
Exchange client 5.0

been
received from Some User <[log in to unmask]>.

You   can,  at   your   discretion,  send   the   following  command
[log in to unmask] to add this person to the list:

        ADD ITTEST [log in to unmask] Some User

PS: In  order to  facilitate the  task, this  message has  been
specially
formatted   so   that   you   only   need   to   forward   it   back
[log in to unmask]  and fill  in  the password  to have
the
command executed. Note that while  the formats produced by the
forwarding
function of most mail packages  are supported, replying will seldom
work,
so make sure to forward and not reply.
-
// JOB PW=XXXXXXXX