Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 09:39:46 EDT
On Thu, 15 Sep 1994 20:17:09 EDT Anthea Tillyer said:
>I think that auto-delete is a wonderful feature - in theory.  However, I
>have found that there are SO many hosts that report themselves as non-
>existent, out of town, or out to lunch when there is a problem that auto-
>delete was working overtime and I was getting lots of jurt and nasty messages
>from deleted members.

I guess you never mentioned to them about this feature of LISTSERV. If
you receive nasty messages the best way is to kindly inform them of what
usually happens. End of fairy tale.

>We don't use autodelete on our lists anymore.

I'm glad I use it. It's wonderful.

>I'm waiting for the autodelete that will get rid of members who post and
>quote long messages in their entirety, including headers, and then at the
>bottom put "Me too!" or something like that :-)  Now *THAT'S* a deletion
>I could live with!

Now I agree with you.
I would also delete and messages with more that double quotes. (((-;

>Peace,
>Anthea Tillyer        City University of New York     [log in to unmask]

Spiros