Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 15:04:05 -0400
On Mon, 10 Apr 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:

>   However, the original
> problem will remain, because a typical value for MAILMAXL is between 5000
> and 10000 lines,  so your typical bounce is a  message of several hundred
> kilobytes.  It's not  reasonable to  just toss  the thing  into the  list
> owner's  mailbox, in  fact chances  are it  wouldn't be  accepted by  the
> owner's mail  system due to  its size.

My concern is limited to the list-owner's perspective, where we've been
given a sizelim keyword, and hopefully we can use it without bothering
our postmaster (by having sizelim errors sent to him).  So in the typical
case where a list-owner sets sizelim to some value less than MAILMAXL,
could a future version of Listserv take those messages which are less
than MAILMAXL but greater than SIZELIM and send them to the Errors-to
address instead of to the postmaster?

(As it stands now, in order to not offend my postmaster I have eliminated
SIZELIM from my list header.  Thus, in practise SIZELIM is unavailable to
me even though technically it's an available option.)

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]