Wed, 23 May 2007 18:27:48 -0500
Anderson, Christel wrote:
> As list moderator I accidentally okay'd a spam message (that doesn't
> have the nicest language).  In the meantime I did the "hold" command so
> the message won't go thru and am thumbing thru an online manual.  Does
> anyone know how to cancel the okay command?  I tried: CANCEL OK 186A92C6
> (that's the confirmation code) - but I receive the "The confirmation
> code 186A92C6 does not correspond to any pending command".  Does anyone
> have any insight - thanks so much in advance.

Only once, about thirteen years ago, have I managed to get a HOLD command
in *before* an OK approval was processed.   To prevent that item from
being distributed I changed the the Send=  keyword to that all items would
require approval by an address listed nowhere else in the list header.
It worked, that one time, long ago.  I've never been able to get a HOLD in
fast enough since then.

As others have said, check on whether the item has or hasn't been
distributed already before your spend a lot of time to no point.

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]