Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:37:55 -0500
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Keller, Richard (CIT) wrote:
> Here's what we use to turn off loop detection:
>
> Loopcheck= NoCRC,NoBody,Spam-Delay(0)

Why on earth would anyone want to turn off loop-detection?

I mean, like, in my recent "error sorta" postings what you have there is a
potential loop (or if it doesn't get to the loop stage, which it could, at
least a lot of irate subscribers screaming about why this old stuff is
being redistributed).  Let's here it for loop detection, filters, etc.
I don't know if you were around before LISTSERV had such features, but
some of us were.

Let's see, the original question was about an announcement list where
replies were so similar they were often rejected as duplicates? Right?
Doesn't seem a problem with loop detection, to me, rather perhaps the
subscribers should take a creative writing class, or, just maybe, not
clog the list with replies which, I would lay odds, should be sent
privately rather than to the list.     Douglas