Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:28:44 +0000
Our lists have recently moved to a new address, which meant that we
had to contact everyone (even those on NOMAIL) to notify them, in
case they came back from vacation to find their SET XXX MAIL msg
elicited only an unhelpful "Your are not subscribed"-thingy. Is
there, in fact, a LISTSERV command which can override option NOMAIL?
Sending this on to LSTOWN-L, to see if some kind soul there has
actually had to do this, or has the info at their fingertips.
Marion Gunn
co-owner, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996 21:47:06 +0100 <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Does listserv provide a way for a list owner to forcibly mail EVERYONE
>on a list, EVEN those who have set NOMAIL?  If so, this may still be
>an option.

I don't think so, but feel free to check the documentation yourself.
The assumption may be that if the subscribers set NOMAIL, then they
don't want mail. This may be an invalid assumption when the list has
been moved, but this situation is comparatively rare.
                                                        Fergal.