Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:04:28 -0400
At 11:21 7/22/98 PST, Randy Klumph said:

|When sending a <Review>, I receive the message that the list is being
|sent under separate cover, but it does not arrive unless I send a
|second <Review> command (which generates neither a confirmation
|nor second delivery of the list). This problem is not limited to
|the Review command.

Besides making sure that your outbound SMTP gateway is properly
configured, do you know that your email address is "handled" by (at
least) two computers on the Internet?

wou.edu MX      0       gilligan.wou.edu
wou.edu MX      5       ns1.nero.net

FURTHEMORE, if recursive MX processing takes place, then the ns1.nero.net
mail could be delivered thru:

ns1.nero.net    MX      10      engr.orst.edu
ns1.nero.net    MX      5       ns1.nero.net

It has been my experience that non-primary MX hosts "get in the way of"
consistent email delivery and produce anomalous results especially if
anti-SPAM techniques or other authorization lists are not properly maintained.

Likewise, there is also the opportunity for authoritative DNS to be
out-of-synch thus pointing to obsolete MX hosts.

Your hostmaster should be able to pursue these kinds of issues.
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA