"Sutherland, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:00:43 +1300
Hi

I manage a number of lists - listserv on a windows box.

Do not have access to server - just web admin, I am a list owner.

Anyway am from time to time getting this message.

Listserv :: http://wwwlists.ccc.govt.nz/wa.exe?LMGT1 error message when
accessing. unable to initiate communications with listserv. This server
is probably not started.

Listserv is still sending and I can do stuff via email - just cant use
the web interface

I believe it is a Windows service that needs restarting - just don't
know which or how to explain to our modrately disinterested IT
department

The IT people reboot the server when this happens and it works ok for a
couple of weeks. I suspect it happens after Windows updates

Unfortunately the update people (outsourced) sdont talk to the Help desk
people (uninterested) and cant see any caus or pattern...

Any way what do people suggest when this messafe occurs - is there a
service or two to restart - start - or should the whole server be
rebooted.

Thanks

paul
This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz