Jim Gerland <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 07:18:32 -0400
On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Winship wrote:
> Anyone have any info on what's up (or down :-(  ) at buffalo.edu?
> I can't get anything out of acsu.buffalo.edu  or  ubvm.buffalo.edu
> or  ubvms.buffalo.edu

The NYSERNet connection was down for over 6 hours yesterday.  They had
a bad FDDI Concentrator card in their NYNEX CO.  Nothing we could do
about it.  We couldn't even send out mail to tell anyone.
Jim...
Jim Gerland  - Manager, Network Information Services    University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology   Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                       716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]            URL: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~gerland