"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:22:21 -0400

>Hi, does anyone out there know of or has written a code to bridge the gap
>between Listserv v1.8c and the web.  Here is my wish list:  I would like to
>have a web page that I could access my archives and subscribe to the many
>different lists that I host.  Lsoft didn't write the web interface for VM,
>and I would like to make this happen.  You can respond to me directly or via
>the list.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Debbie Kodora
>Listserv Maintainer HQDA

As with anything physically placed on the web, it will be prone to
multiple security problems which will need to be worked out very
carefully, if indeed they can be worked out at all.  Myself, I would be
weary of using such a web interface, and I would be weary of somebody
using the web interface in my name.  The potential for security problems
with such a utility would be enormous.

Glenn Alperin
just an average list-owner