Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 14:46:19 -0700
Hi, I'm one of several administrators of two Quaker lists. Last week,
unfortunately for everyone involved, at the start of *my* week to
administer, my primary provider, eskimo.com, was hacked. The system was
seriously compromised, and has been down all week.

One of the lists is fully moderated - so all messages come to us for review
and approval before posting.

As a result of the hacking problem, I am trying to administer from a
secondary account which uses Eudora as its mailer. I have tried *many, many*
things, but I cannot seem to bounce messages in the same manner as when I
use Pine. In other words, when I use the "redirect" command in Eudora (the
closest equivalent to a Pine "bounce"), the message comes back to us at the
administrative address for approval and forwarding. I have finally resorted
to forwarding messages to the list, but this, of course, means that our
subscribers see my address as the sender until they read through the
message. For at least some, this is probably a disincentive to reading
further ;)

This will probably resolve itself as the co-administrator, Lary Jones, just
picks up the ball and posts messages himself - but I would like to resolve
this inability to manage - as it is the primary reason I have a secondary
account in the first place!

Does anyone have experience using Eudora as their mailer and having a
successful interface with listserv? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a
mailer compatible with a POP structure that I could install as an
alternative? Finally, if the answer to the last question is yes, is it
available as shareware or freeware and available for download someplace? I
spent some time searching the web last night for possibilities but not much
luck.

Thanks, all, for any help you can provide. Sorry to go on so long, I wanted
to give enough information to be clear.

Take care,
Sylvie McGee
University Friends' Meeting - seattle wa