Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:04:02 EST
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:31:49 -0800 Sherry Beauchamp said:
>I had a similar problem with a recent subscriber -- his solution was to
>have his mail system set him up an alias with the domain in all upper-case
>letters.

I submit that this is not a solution; it's a kludge.  The solution would
be to comply with RFC821 et al. and remove or turn off the case-sensitivity
in the mailer.  If the mail admins can make an alias they should be able
to fix the standards compliance problem.  RFC821 says quite bluntly that
"Host names are not case sensitive." (RFC821 p. 3)

Nathan