Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:35:52 -0700

Pete said:
> I echo what Ben has said.  Or put another way, there is a
> social contract between subscriber and (listowner or other
> subscribers).  One such element is "that sbalt not cause thy
> listowner grief by frequent bouncing mail."

And I say many thanks! You confirmed the attitude I wanted to take.
Other co-owners flamed me about that stating I was "an authortitave and
egotistical *sshole" to do so... I guess it is similar to a band
performing: Don't piss off the sound guy 'cuz it won't matter if you can
play they can make any band sound like sh*t (I'm not a sound tech but we
have a few on the list).

Since BLUES-L is a social list, I'll probably go to NOMAIL directly
skipping DIGEST and INDEX: DIGEST will still generate a few of 100K
messages I can live without. And some people on the list have trouble
with confirming sub, so getting them to use INDEX !?! If we write a
simple "Retrieving messages when you receive INDEX" FAQ, then I'll go
for the INDEX before NOMAIL.

As per my other problems with:
  The Austro-Iranian phantom (AT machine that can fin'r and IR user)
  The Turkish phantom (VM.EGE.EDU.TR that can't find a user)
  inforamp.net user crso-blues-l bouncing messages from last summer
I will post each problem separately as soon I have more info on them.

For COMPUSERVE.COM: Are they worse that AOL.COM ? See my separate post
on that.
Ben, Pete, Maureen:
Thanks again for taking the time to educate a newbie list-owner.

And I encourage other listowners lurking to post to the list. Sure, I
did looked dumb a few times. I even pissed off Eric Thomas once. I even
try to much to help a couple of times... But, IMVHO, *GETTING INVOLVED*
is the secret of this list. And it seems to work perfectly. Remember the
dumbest question is the one that prevents learning because I did not
ask.

Good "owning" to ya all !

PS How do you call a macho list-owner ? -"Male" manager !?! ...

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L