Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:39:11 -0500
On 16 Feb 99, at 14:36, Maertens Jochen (msj) wrote:

> I should host on my listserver several lists from several companies.
>
> What I already found was that I can use the "list-address=" for
> identification of the list itself.
> I also set up several domain names in the server, so the following
> already works [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] , But when
> sending commands I always get the response from the first one
> [log in to unmask] , also when the command was sent to
> [log in to unmask] . Is there a way to get it done ? The companies
> are really independent !

The only way to do this is to have multiple LISTSERVs running. I believe
NT is the only platform so far that allows this on the same machine. If
you will have many such virtual hosts, you probably want to ask
[log in to unmask] about getting a ListPlex license. Otherwise, you need
a separate license for each LISTSERV instance running on the same
machine. With only one instance, you are stuck with having command
site configuration as NODE).

Note that this kind of query is more appropriate for the LSTSRV-L list,
which is for LISTSERV site administrators, than for LSTOWN-L, which
is for LISTSERV list owners.

Francoise