Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 May 1995 00:22:26 -0400
On Mon, 1 May 1995, Rick Narad wrote:

> > -> Abstract: Out of disk space
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Eric replied:
>
> I didn't misunderstand what the problem was.  I just wanted to know what I
> should do about it.
>
> "The LISTSERV maintainer gets a copy of this message, which
> probably affects many  other lists, and will probably fix  it on his own.
> That's why getting and re-putting the oldest log, or doing a SET listname
> MAIL, or  sending an HELP  command all have a  good chance of  fixing the
> problem :-)"
>
> Are you saying do nothing?  If so, I can manage this.

  Rick, because the listserv maintainer gets the message means that he
or she may be made aware of the problem and fix it.  The key words are
"may be made aware"....that is, just because a mail msg is also sent to
the listserv maintainer doesn't mean that he or she reads mail to that
address regularly.  Some listserv admins are also postmasters and read
the mail to the postmast userid infrequently....or they may read it
every day...we don't know.  I maintain our listserv, and I am postmaster,
but I choose to have errors come to my personal userid for listserv,
and I read mail to postmast infrequently.  Because we on this list
don't know about your site or who your listserv maintainer is and how
frequently they read mail....it is hard to tell you exactly what to
do.  But if you want to be sure things are corrected, and if it
troubles you that mail may not be saved, contact your listserv
maintainer ASAP.  If you are not sure who that is, you can send a
command 'release' to your listserv, and it will return the name and
e-mail addr of your listserv maintainer.....look that person up in your
site telephone directory and call them.  You can also do nothing at
all.  Up to you.

--Trish