Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 11:31:25 -0400
At 09:16 PM 4/8/96 GMT, Walter Logeman wrote:
>Say I wanted a huge database to interface with a web site.  I expected
>very high hit numbers.  What sort of overall structure would one look
>to?  Technical, hardware, software, business & financial?  What would
>Alta Vista use -- what would Yahoo use if they could start over?
>Hotwired?  What sort of partnerships would make that work best?  What
>sort of investment are we looking at?  Would one need partners?
>
>Mail me a useful reply and I will send you a summary of all the useful
>ones I get.

You mean: I'll pick your brains & will return old crumbs?
If you need to build such a site and ask all those questions, you obviously
have either tons of money or a total lack of knowledge.
Either way, get some consultants & pay them their dues.
Sincerely,

Gilles Frydman<=>The Kosher Frog <=> [log in to unmask]
               The Cancer Lists Archives
                 http://www.medinfo.org