Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:17:56 EST
On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:04:33 -0500 you said:
>After what build date is what appears to be 1.8c really 1.8d beta?  And
>what's the command to Listserv for it to spit-out the build date?

Anything after the end of January 1997 (approximately) is a 1.8c patch level
and is commonly referred to as "the 1.8d beta" because it does contain
some new 1.8d features.  The current "beta" does not yet contain all
of the scheduled changes and new features, thus it still reports as 1.8c
(and 1.8c sites can take advantage of any fixes to the base 1.8c code
by applying it).

>And, what are the major new benefits coming in 1.8d?  I already know about
>the .hh command to hide parts of the header in CataList and elsewhere.

A new CHANGE command, web-based list administration, and more; check out
the archives of this list and of LSTSRV-L for more information.

Nathan