"Joseph B. Stanford" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Jan 1994 17:40:24 -0600
sending the same message again because the first time I forgot to add the
settings from my list.  sorry about the duplication!

I operate a "closed" list for academic family medicine (Family-L), so that
anyone who wants to join must be added to the list by me (they can't sign
themselves onto the list).  I want to keep this feature of the list.
However, it turns out that almost any command that any current user of the
list wants to issue to modify their settings (ie ACK or NOACK, MAIL or
NOMAIL, etc.) or to get list information (ie REVIEW), has to be approved or
done by me.  This I would like to change, so that any current user of the
list can change any of their settings, review the list, etc., without my
consent.
It would also be nice if current users could sign themselves off without
going thru me, although I would prefer to get a notice that informs me
whenever someone would sign themselves off.
Listed below is a copy of the list settings for Family-L.  Can anyone tell
me how I can modify them to accomplish those things I have outline above,
while keeping the feature that all new sign-ons must be done by me as list
owner?
thanks
*
*  Academic Family Medicine Discussion.
*
*  Review= (FAMILY-L)
*  Subscription= By_owner
*  Send= (FAMILY-L)
*  Notify= No
*  Reply-to= List,Ignore
*  Files= Yes
*  Validate= All commands
*  Confidential= No
*  Notebook= Yes,F1,Monthly,public
*
*  Owner=  [log in to unmask] (Joe Stanford)
*
*  Discussion of academic family medicine.
*
*
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:  137
* Total number of local node users on the list:    8
*