Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:00:09 -0400
I just received a notice that my address had been removed from
the LSTOWN-L list because of "repeated delivery errors."  I'm
informed that the source (PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM) had been
blacklisted by a spam filtering service (sorbs.net) we use.  I
checked -- http://rbls.org/?q=209.119.0.21 -- and it's listed.

We've stopped using that service, at least temporarily, so that
I can receive LSTOWN-L again (and have re-subscribed), but if
stopping it leads to a renewed flood of spam we'll have to
rethink that.

This leads to three questions: is there a possibility that this
can happen to a list I own, and would I automatically be made
aware of that?  and, is there something I can do about it? and,
is there something that the adminstrators at
PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM 	can do about it, so that we can return to
the more effective spam filtration service?

(I apologize if some of this doesn't make sense, and would be
grateful for clarification. I'm writing from a position of
pretty thorough ignorance here . . . )

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/