Fri, 19 Jan 1996 00:27:06 -0600
I agree with Trish Forrest.  I would far rather have Eric working on
something useful than something I can easily handle myself.  I am
appreciative of auto-delete and the "daily error monitoring" report.
But, to tell you the truth, I would far rather see the errors that don't
fit the standards; I need full information to make an informed decision.
Then *I* decide what to do about the errors that don't fit the standards.
Not all errors are created equal and it often takes a thinking human
to decide the best procedure for each one (ignore?delete?nomail?digests?
contact the postmaster?etc.?)

That's what listowners are for, isn't it?  To do the work?  And it *is*
work if you have an active list of appreciable size and you are at all
concientious.

By the way, I, personally, didn't care too much for that "errors digest."
It lumped together too many disparate things (e.g. notifications do not
belong in with the errors).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L