Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:06:13 -0700
At 11:28 AM 4/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>My cynical intuition is that anybody who starts off with a fake
>email address will sooner or later be up to no good.  Putting together
>and maintaining a list is work.  Put a note in your faq how a real
>email address is required.  If a subscriber can't return the favor
>you do her by providing the list by doing this simple thing, then I
>say don't waste your time.  Delete those messages.

   If people would require CONFIRMATION on all requests for subscriptions,
then you don't HAVE a problem with fake addresses.  Let the LISTSERV(R)
software do it for you.  If they can't confirm, it isn't YOUR problem.  It
is theirs.  Don't mess with them....let the program do it.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534