"Gartner, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:56:01 -0500
I also should have mentioned, the bounce lists I want are NOT for lists.
We use listserv to distribute emails to a few thousand addresses, but
these are supplied in the mail merge job, NOT part of any list.
I want to be able to get the bouncelist, formatted if possible, sent to
an email address that I provide.

Right now, I send a:

// GIVE NOLIST-2006...........CHANGELOG ,
TO [log in to unmask]
PW=nnnnnn

This does not seem to be processed by the listserv at the moment (14.4),
but does work on our production version (which is 1.8??).

Thanks,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Gartner, James
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question about bounce lists and format?

I have two quick questions -- are the actual bounce list files stored
somewhere (if so, where)?

Also, is there any way to have a "prettier" look to the bounce lists.

Right now, our users get something like:

20060130161601 BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.1 Mailer
xxxxx.xxxxx.com said: "550 #5.1.0 Address rejected." 20060130161604
BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.1 Domain "XXXXXXX.NET" doesn't
exist. 20060130161605 BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.1 Domain
"XXXXX.COM" doesn't exist. 20060130161607 BOUNCE
[log in to unmask] 5.1.1 Domain "XXXXX.XXXXX.FR" doesn't
exist. 20060130161607 BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.1 Domain
"XXXXXX.IT" doesn't exist.  BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.1
Unspecified; usually "Bad destination mailbox address" 20060203163004
BOUNCE [log in to unmask] 5.1.2 Message could not be
delivered to mailer "XXXXXXX.ES" after 4.01            day(s) and has
been discarded.  The last connection ended with a            status of
"%LSMTP-E-DNS_NOANSWER, No information found for given domain name".

Is there anyway to have it sent in a more formatted way -- either html
or in Excel format, or....??

Thanks,
Jim

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express
permission. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message,
or any attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us
by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its
attachments. Thank you. Every effort is made to keep our network free
from viruses. You should, however, review this e-mail message, as well
as any attachment thereto, for viruses. We take no responsibility and
have no liability for any computer virus which may be transferred via
this e-mail message.