Michael Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:33:32 -0000
To follow up ....

I'm the list owner for whom Dayn Schulert is searching for a solution to
this problem. I've been out of action for some days with a virus and have
only just seen the exchange of messages.

The current MAILTPL was edited by me when I started the list more than a
decade ago. Confirmations were set to be by e-mail only. The 	MAILTPL was
left unchanged except for minor tweaks until late last year when I added
in the code for the web link confirmation following a recommendation from
LISTSERV support (this is the same code that Ben Parker has supplied). The
problem has surfaced only very recently and we don't know when it began,
but it might have existed from the introduction of the links (though I did
test the code at the time). Or it could have been triggered by the recent
upgrade to 16.0.

Dayn and I would be grateful for further advice and assistance from this
group and LISTSERV support. Meanwhile, I've put the CHANGE1 template back
to only allowing confirmations by e-mail.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words