Margo Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:38:22 -0400
I'm trying to follow the directions to delete an archive notebook:

7.2.2. Deleting existing archive notebooks
To delete an existing archive notebook, simply execute a PUT operation for
the notebook
in question without sending any other text along with the PUT command line.
For
instance:
PUT MYLIST LOG9607 PW= mypersonalpw
without any other additional text would delete MYLIST LOG9607 from the
server.

In the web interface, I enter the list management page and go to the
COMMAND page. I entered the command as above for the log file I want to
delete, but I get this error message:

This is not the proper way to store files - you must send your request along
with the replacement  file, inserting the PUT command before  the first line
of the file you want to store.