Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 17:25:38 -0500
   Actually, what I'd like to see before the fuzzy domain matching is
some sort of "change" command which would allow wildcards.  eg:

CHANGE listname oldaddress newaddress

where   listname could be wildcarded (eg.  KID*  or  *  for all lists by
the LISTSERV administrator) as could old and new address (I know this
gets tricky - may have to be restricted but this would basically do what
the ":newnode" processing does but on demand).

Example:

change new-list [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]

would change my subscription and leave my name the same.  Or

change * *@ziggy.bigschool.edu *@bigschool.edu

when you've been informed "just change all the [log in to unmask]
to [log in to unmask] please"...

   It would be nice if this could also fix any FUI/AFD sorts of things too
if those are going to continue to exist - maybe if you specify *.

   I also like the idea of the fuzzy matching but if were easy to fix the
subscriptions then the users (in those cases) would be able to signoff
when they wanted to).

   Marty