Anthony Chol <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 15:35:07 -0500
What are the protective measures out there?, I mean, I do realize York has
a good "gatekeeper" but how do I notify guys at MSN.COM  to take action
thank you.
A. Chol
Owner, PANAFRICA list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:13:34 -0500
From: "L-Soft list server at York University (1.8b)" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Anthony Chol <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: PANAFRICA: possible spam from [log in to unmask]

The following  message was submitted  by [log in to unmask] to  the PANAFRICA
list at  YORKU.CA. It is  being forwarded to  you for verification  because the
message has been identified as a  possible "spam", that is, an advertisement or
other  unsolicited material  sent to  large numbers  of mailing  lists with  no
consideration for whether  or not the material is appropriate  for the lists it
is being  sent to. A single  "spam" can result  in the delivery of  millions of
unwanted e-mail messages worldwide, costing the victims and service providers a
total of several  hundred thousand dollars. The cost to  the spammer is usually
under five dollars. To be effective, a counter-measure must neutralize the spam
within  the first  five minutes.  Consequently, there  is no  time for  all the
LISTSERV  servers to  compare notes  with each  other before  acting, and  some
legitimate postings may be intercepted erroneously. If this is the case, simply
forward this message back to the list with an explanatory note.

----------------- Message requiring verification (28 lines) -------------------