Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:30:20 -0700
The last go around I really looked at this, you were supposed to have an
Editor= line, though by default that is equal to the first Owner= line.

The Editor does not get posts for approval if you have a Moderator= line and
are not defined in it.  (98% sure, been a while since I rechecked)

I run what I would consider a semi-moderated list that allows for posts by
non-subscribers.

*  Send= Editor, Hold
*  Editor= [log in to unmask], (<listname>)
*  Moderator= All, [log in to unmask], backup@ispaddress, helper@ispaddress
*  Default-Options= Repro,SUBJecthdr,NOMIME,Review

If you don't wish to allow postings from people not subscribed to the list,
remove the listname in parens on the Editor= line.

Additional considerations:  Every member on review will get a notice their
email has been sent to a moderator for review.

I've removed that and instead broadened out the list policy to explain the
aspects for moderation for the list.  Some people advocate heavily against
this, but my main point is should you do that, be sure you have it in your
list policy that goes to all subscribers just so you can point to it when
needed later.

Randy