Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Jan 91 10:34:00 +0100
On Thu, 17 Jan 91 10:24:00 +0100 Pieter Stouten <STOUTEN@EMBL> said:
>This  is not  about  node  names anymore,  but  Macintoshes  are a  more
>interesting subject anyway, I guess.

Maybe to  you, but not to  me. This is not  what this list is  about. I'm
sure there are plenty of lists where  Macintoy bigots (and I mean for the
remainder  of  this sentence  to  apply  to  *bigots*, not  *users*)  can
congratulate each other for having  made the wise, futuristic decision of
not wanting  to understand what a  computer is, in a  pathetic attempt to
delude themselves into  believing that they belong to an  Elite of people
who can move a mouse around and press a button, rather than accepting the
fact that they, in fact, are merely part of this subset of computer users
who are content with using their computer  in such a limiting way and who
invest  considerable amounts  of  time and  energy  in buzz-word  casting
Crusades, in a desperate attempt to deny the existence of the inferiority
complex resulting  from their Futuristic  Choice. Great, now I  can apply
for the Longest  One-Sentence Mac Flame Award and win  a life-size poster
of Hollerith!

Anyway... You are welcome to make  jokes about stone age computers on Mac
lists, but please don't pollute LSTOWN-L with such religious discussions.
So far this is one of the rare  lists which has been spared from the Gulf
epidemia, the last thing we need  is a metaphysical debate about What The
Ideal Computer Ought To Look Like. Thank you.

  Eric