Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:07:15 -0400
At 17:22 04/13/2002 Saturday, Rich Greenberg wrote:
 >On: Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 01:31:46PM -0500,Russ Hicks Wrote:
 >
 >} How do I provide an EASY, USER FRIENDLY sign off capability for my
 >} subscribers?  In my bottom banner I would love to have a link which say
 >} something like "Sign off the list".  And then the response would be little
 >} else than "Are you sure?"  If they said yes, poof, they're unsubscribed
 >} immediately.
 >
 >   listname-subscribe-request@listserv_address

Two provisos:

The subscribe-request only seems to work well for those mail clients that
have the optional NAME field comment in their RFC822 FROM: field e.g.",
FROM: <userid@host>" probably would not work (though it might interact
with previous site registrations).  In which case, the classic (or WEB)
signon would be required.

Of course the unsubscribe-request only works for exact matches of FROM:
and subscriber d.b.

As far as "long" bottom_banners, they could be condensed into a URL to a
WEB page that has all of the required info e.g., much like what is
contained in"

Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html

which is MORE THAN just archives.

/Pete