Bruce Bachus <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 08:49:10 EDT
To: [log in to unmask]

FROM:  LTC Bruce Bachus, (703)325-3865, DSN:221
Subject: Re: Changing subject lines
I've read several of the comments with great interest.  I opine that
we should have the option of prepending text to the subject line.
Granted, a lot of mailers can handle the subject/sender/etc parsing
and place the mail in appropriate mailboxes.  Unfortunately, not all
mailers are of the same robustness.  For the lists I own/manage, I try
to target the lowest common denominator wrt user capabilities (eg
user knowledge and mail s/w at the user end).  For these reasons,
I would welcome the addition of providing the capability to include
text to the subject line with the rationale being a benefit to the
less advantaged/skilled user.  I too own lists run w/ Majordomo and
as one of our colleagues mentioned, this attribute is something I too
miss. ... Cheers, Bruce Bachus, [log in to unmask]