Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:19:21 -0500
I know it's poor for you.  Please do not follow my recommendation.  Those
like you who are sophisticated in the ways of LISTSERV(R) can properly
evaluate my suggestions.

The original list-owner probably was not as sophisticated as you (in the
ways of LISTSERV), and I projected that onto his/her list recipients.

Perhaps every command and list-configuration keyword, has some unintended
consequence that we wish we had not done (or done).

I would modify my posting about the QUIET SET by addendum, "Please notify
your subscribers that you have made this change, and why, so that they
know what is going on, and can adjust to it if necessary."

/Pete