"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:27:54 -0500
I was just doing a review of my list archives, and noted that Listserv
seems to archive things sent to the list by using the personal name of the
contributors instead of their addresses.  This means that a few people in
my list are recieving two seperate listings in the archives because,
depending onwhere they are and what they happen to be doing at the time,
they use more than one "personal name" header, or whatever it is defined
as in the RFCs.  My question is, why does LISTSERV archive messages by name
and not by e-mail address?

Glenn Alperin