Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 23:38:17 +0100
The SUNET server has  been upgraded today and, come to  think about it, I
think it's  now the  fastest production  LISTSERV site  in the  world ;-)
Probably not for long, but at least it will be a while before it runs out
of resources again. There are some 4G  of free spool space and the CPU is
about 30% faster than a 200MHz  Pentium Pro with LISTSERV's own benchmark
suite. It certainly ate the backlog in no time :-)

There will  however be a  few more outages in  the next few  days, mostly
5-15 min ones, first to tune the machine, then to move it to its assigned
position in the machine room,  and finally to install additional hardware
that should  be coming within  the next few weeks.  DEC had been  told to
ship as  soon as  they had  a usable  server, which  means we  solved the
problem today but it also means not everything has been installed yet. If
you notice anything wrong with the server, please contact me ASAP.

  Eric