Geoff Tabbron <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:01:27 -0400
Thanks for your response.

We do control the formatting of all postings to our list, ensuring that they
are well formed plain text e-mail.  Our frustration was due to us being
unable to post these plain text e-mail messages to our list without
something changing the encoding: our e-mail system currently mangles all
outgoing e-mail (performs a very broken conversion to quoted-printable and
adds a large text disclaimer at the bottom); the Listserv web interface also
converts to quoted-printable regardless of whether the content requires it.

After further consideration, I've decided to switch over to using MIME
digests, as it solves a number of issues.

It would still be useful if the Listserv web posting interface would either
convert to quoted-printable intelligently or be completely user-selectable.

Regards,
--
Geoff Tabbron, Electronic Information Manager, Education UK Marketing
British Council, Bridgewater House, 58 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6BB