"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 1993 16:30:51 CST
>    Permit me to have an attitude  in favor of listowners not jumping the
> gun and deleting people at the sign of the first error, but, then again,
> as I was  reminded by private mail recently, there  is probably no point
> in arguing over how much someone should care for or about the lists they
> manage to be responsible as it is a very subjective matter.

I see no point in ever deleting somebody because of address problems of
that kind.  Setting 'nomail' works fine.  I certainly wouldn't sit around
letting error messages pile up, no matter how much I care about my lists.
It's not unusual for me to find 200 error messages when I wake up in the
morning.  Needless to say, I send the 'nomail' command instantly.  If the
mail is bouncing because the person's account has vanished, the address
will be purged at renewal time.  If it's a temporary glitch, the person
will simply miss some mail -- which he/she can get later from our ftp
archives.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])