Dave Gomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 17:41:33 PDT
On Wed, 26 Apr 1995 20:57:54 GMT David W. Baker said:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, LISTSERV list
>owners' forum <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> David, I think you have foreborn well with Demon.  There are just some
>> bad providers, just as there are bad users.  You gotta serve them out.
>   I agree. It was, however, difficult for me to decide to "punish" all
>Demon users because of one thoughtless company (who just happens to
>provide them network access).

You are not punishing Demon users, they already punished themselves when
they chose Demon, you are simply making them aware of the consequences
of chosing a s**t service.  Demon had the choice not to make that happen
for their users, and decided tough for the users.  Well, now it is tough
for Demon.  When you serve Demon out, be sure you tell all the Demon
users why.  Otherwise they will blame you.  I found your explanation quite
clear.   I am about to do the same thing with AOL.  They have been warned
by me many times, and they say, the s**t sw we get with U**x works that
way so there is nothing we can do.  Nothing but go under, I guess.  BTW,
I work as a consultant, so if you are up against sw and there is "nothing
you can do" pull out your checkbook and give me a call.   Dave

Dave Gomberg, San Francisco           Internet: [log in to unmask]